Mergers & Acquisitions
Mergers – Acquisitions - Joint Ventures – Alliances
M&P − your competent partner for the organisation of the entire process
- Permanent coaching during all stages (critical second opinion)
- Extensive top level industry network
- International partner network (Experts for Experts International AG - e4e)
- Acknowledged reputation as competent and trustworthy consulting company in the transport and logistics market
- High efficiency (time, money, quality) during the search and selection process
- Up-to-date know-how about players, competition, trends, alliances, etc. in the transport and logistics market
- Availability of assessment tools and know-how for the qualification of management members
- Neutral purchase/sales price evaluations (with influence on final price level)
- Experience in delicate post-merger integration processes
The majority of company takeovers fail to leverage the targeted synergies?
Possible reasons for the failure are:
- Takeovers and alliances often fail because the management tends to neglect the ‘human resources’ factor. The importance of the reactions of staff members is often underestimated, although one in two companies will have the following adage in their mission statement: “In our company, the human being takes centre stage”.
- There is no or only an insufficient budget available to finance the long and costly integration process.
- The company to be taken over has not appointed a person responsible for the integration process, a person who helps the people concerned come to terms with the new situation that seems to them fraught with insurmountable problems.
- Support the customer in the search for and selection of investors or companies suitable for takeover.
- Stay with the customer throughout the sale or purchase process. If required, M&P consultants can recommend lawyers and chartered accountants, who always play an important role in such transactions.
- Develop a customized integration concept while the details of the transaction are still being finalized, so that the integration process can begin as soon as the deal has been concluded
- Support the person responsible for the integration process and remain on standby to provide coaching should any problems occur.
Takeovers supported by M&P have a realistic chance of success.